Friday, April 6, 2012

Mountain Lion dream.


In a valley surrounded by divine white-topped rocky mountains-
So immense and majestic that you could not help but hear:
               "Ahhh" sung by a harmonious angel choir.

Running.
Not   Running    from     anything.
Not   Running      to        anything.
         Just               Running.

Slow moving black beetle scurry away from
Green Crawling reptile soaking in the sun.
             A herd of slim,
                 horned
                 hoofed creatures
half a mile ahead graze on the sparse
 shrubs growing along this Red Rock Trail.

-The only sound I hear is my own breath and the synchronized pit-pat of the two feet
                                                                                                                      below me.

Breathe outpitpat inpitpat outpitpat inpitpat

Approaching the herd new sounds entrance me.
Sounds not of my breath or of my feet but of rustels, gallops, rumbling ground.
The herd has taken off "did I startle them?"

From the cuspidated cliff caves vaults a vicious mountain lion.
"he MUST be after the deer"

My once steady pace now has arrhythmia as I veer away from the-



No comments:

Post a Comment