Wednesday, January 5, 2011

not being a craft dodger

Wednesday, January the Fifth
1.5.86 1.5.11        163 pounds
(my natural instinction is to write 1986 after 01/05 since that is my birthday, I did that at work twice today)













Well I made those New Years Resolutions… The making something resolution was an easy start. I bookmarked plenty of craft ideas when I was sick and have already started some of them. I read about making your own envelopes from the pictures from old calendars and thought what better way to recycle the old 2010 calendar! The only problem is that, although I have two calendars, one is on my phone and the other is on my computer. I don't even have a normal wall calendar! I put a note up at work that reads "About to throw away your 2010 calendar? Don't! Give it to Ben in the office!" Hopefully people will not have thrown them away yet.

I did want to try out this craft though, and not having a calendar did not deter me. I went through my room looking for some kind of paper that would be heavy enough to be an envelope, thats when I ran arose my old collection of Playboys. I had about six playboys from 2006/2007 and the front and back covers are a good weight and size.

Taking a normal mailing envelope, I took it apart where it was glued and unfolded it. 


I placed it on the magazine cover and traced it with a sharpie and cut along the lines. 




Next you just fold the picture at the same points the envelope was folded and use double stick tape to secure it.







 






The first two seemed like a success so I made a few more. I wonder if these can be mailed.




No comments:

Post a Comment