Saturday, January 8, 2011

weaving a craft

1.9.11        159 pounds








Craft project number two of 2011 has been completed. I saw this photo weaving thing and thought it was a really cool idea so I decided to attempt one of my own. I started with this photo of Erin and Mike dancing.




I printed two copies of the photo and drew half inch lines horizontally on one and vertically on the other.












Cutting along the lines wasn't too much of a problem and neither was sticking the first two pieces together.

After that it was very time consuming weaving each strip over and under and over and under. For this project I alternated going one to the left, one up, one to the right, one down. That way the weave started in the middle and worked it's way evenly out, which also meant the the farther out I got the harder it was to keep it matched up.

This was fun to make, and I'd like to do some more trying out some different techniques.


No comments:

Post a Comment